Visa Information

Every foreigner that travels to Indonesia must meet the following Mandatory requirements:

- In possession of a passport with a minimum of six (6) months validity from the date of arrival
- Able to show a proof of onward or return ticket

Please check with the Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia in your country for the requirements for visa and travel documents needed.

The government of The Republic of Indonesia has 3 categories for the tourist visa system:

1. Visa Exemption

Foreign nationals from these 169 countries are entitled for visa exemption to enjoy short stays in Indonesia. The visa exemption facility can be used for tourism, family visit, social visit, art and culture, government duty, delivering a speech or attending a seminar, international exhibitions, meetings with offices in Indonesia, or transit. (source: Ministry of Tourism, Republic of Indonesia).

These foreign nationals will be granted 30 days stay in Indonesia, and cannot be extended.

For more information about Visa Exemption, please follow this link:

*Foreign nationals with the visa exemption facility will still need to go to the Visa-on-Arrival (VOA) Counter to obtain clearance before proceeding to the Immigration Clearance Counter at the airport, seaport, or land borders.

2. Visa on Arrival (VOA)

Foreign nationals from these 68 countries can apply Visa-on-Arrival (VOA) upon their arrival to Indonesia.

The visa is given for thirty (30) days stay and can be extended at the Immigration Office for one (1) time.

For more information about Visa-on-Arrival, please follow this link:

3. Visit Visa

Foreign nationals can apply Visit Visa in their home country’s Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia or Consulates. The guarantor of the said foreign nationals can also apply to the Directorate General of Immigration in Jakarta, Indonesia.

A holder of Visit Visa is given up to 60 days of stay and can be extended in the Immigration Office.

For more information regarding visit visa, please follow this link:

To find the Indonesian Embassy or Consulate in your country, please follow this link: